“My wish is for you to help a strong sustainable movement to educate every child about food. To inspire families to cook again and to empower people everywhere to fight obesity”
- Jamie Oliver (a chef, a celebrity, a young father, a food revolutionary)
An inspiring, passionate, shocking – a ‘must-see’ TED speech about the need to educate our children about food.
- 2/3 of people in the U.S. are statistically overweight or obese
- On average current generation of children will have a shorter life span than their parents due to ill effects of food they eat
- Highest causes of death in the U.S. are diet related diseases not the front-page news stories of homicides, natural disasters, accidents (it’s also a global problem)
- Obesity costs Americans 10% of our national health care bill – $150 billion per year (much more than smoking). This amount is forecast to double in the next 10 years.